Week 14 Science Methods 2
1. What did you do in the lab?
2. What was the big question?
3. What did you learn in Thursday's discussion?
4. Read the online textbook,
1. What did you learn?
2. What was most helpful?
3. What do you need more information on?
5. What questions, concerns, and/or comments do you have?
I was not in the lab this week, but by looking at the PowerPoint, they talked about our assignment of interviewing an elder. I loved this assignment. I talked to my dad, and it was nice having a conversation about climate change. I learned that my parents are getting solar panels installed. My dad is very passionate and excited about getting them. He pulled out the pictures of what we are getting, where they are being installed, and what their plans are for the future for them. Also, in the lab, they looked at different CO2 levels. Then, they looked at The Greenhouse Effect.
In the lecture this week, we looked at carbon dioxide data. We also learned about the Albedo Effect. Our big questions were, "What is the albedo effect, and how does it affect climate?" "How does the GH Effect interact with the albedo effect?" Is the albedo effect a positive or negative feedback loop?" We learned about the reflectivity of a surface and how much radiation is reflected vs. absorbed. That color has a major influence on albedo. High albedo means that something is more reflective, and a low albedo means it is less reflective/will absorb more radiation. Albedo 1 means completely reflects radiation. Albedo 0 means completely absorbed radiation.
In the reading, I learned about different greenhouse gases. These gases let sunlight through to reach the surface of the Earth and then trap its heat in the atmosphere. The most abundant are CO2, Nitrous oxide, methane, water vapor, and ozone. The greenhouse effect describes how greenhouse gases trap heat in the Earth's atmosphere. What I found the most helpful were the different visuals and the videos. I don't need any more information at the moment, and I don't have any questions or concerns.

Comments
Post a Comment