Week 15
This week we got to design our own learning activity. With this we got to pose a question that could frame students investigations, describe how we could engage students' curiosity and activate their initial ideas, describe how our students should collect their data, and how they would use evidence to answer the question. My group decided to look at what would happen to the weight once the baking soda and vinegar were mixed. We filled a flask with vinegar and then added 1/2tsp of baking soda to a balloon. We weighed each of these to get their weight in grams. We then pulled the balloon over the flask and shook it so they would mix. We observed that the carbon dioxide made the balloon fill and it got cold. We then weighed the flask with the balloon on it. We saw that there was a change in the weight. I can apply what I learned today to my future teaching by thinking about experiments that I will create in my future teaching, and the thought process that goes behind it.
Hi Maggie! I think that incorporating these types of experiments and having students think through the process of each experiment is a super good idea.
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie,
ReplyDeleteI think allowing students to be hands-on creates a more engaging environment for learners. Experiments like this one let students think outside the box and question things. Great job on your post!