This week we talked about flowers in class. We talked about what makes up flowers. Some parts are stigma, anther, filament, petal, and sepal. We checked on our fast plants and used dried bees to help pollinate. My plant is much sadder than everyone else in my class. Our as you can see from the picture is very small. We did get to observe someone else use the bees. They kinda grossed me out.
 |
Our fast plant
|
|
We then did a fun activity in class surrounding sea turtles! We got to read a book called Turtle, Turtle, Watch Out! This book talks about different obstacles sea turtles have to go through throughout their lives. Some facts I learned about sea turtles are that they take three days to get to the surface from their eggs, they have a special tooth to break their eggshell, they follow the light from the moon to get to the sea, and 1 out of 1,000 turtles survive to adulthood. We then switched to a game called fortune teller. With this, we listened to ocean sounds. I thought this activity was a lot of fun. I think I can use this type of lesson in my future classroom. We could start with a book, and then play a fun game/worksheet. It would be a fun lesson to excite the students and help them learn.
|
Hi Maggie!
ReplyDeleteI also thought the turtle turtle activity was a lot of fun! I learned the same new facts about turtles and found them all to be very interesting! Great Job!