Week 4
This week in discussion I learned about the 5e model of science instruction. I can use this in my future teaching by helping me plan my lessons, and it can help me be organized. The 5e model is made up of engage, explore, explain, elaborate, and evaluate.
Engage:
Accesses the learners; prior knowledge and helps them, with a new concept through short activities that build on their prior knowledge. These activities should promote curiosity and help them make connections between past and present learning experiences.
Explore:
Students actively explore the new concepts through hands-on activities allowing them to make their own observations about the new concepts.
Explain:
This is the phase where students can ask questions based on their exploration, and the teacher can clarify these questions. This can be a time for students to share what they already know so the teacher can make sure the information is accurate.
Elaborate:
This is the phase that allows students to grow on what they just learned. This could include going through an experiment or working on a project that relates to the content. This allows students to practice their skills before evaluation.
Evaluate:
This is where teachers test their student's knowledge. It could be a formal or informal evaluation, however, it is important to test your student's understanding in some way after a new lesson.
Hi Maggie! This is a great blog post! I also talked about the 5E models in my blog post, as it is something knew that I have learned. I love that you added pictures of the caterpillars and your fast plant!
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie!
ReplyDeleteI like how you mentioned how you can use what you learned and apply it to your future teaching by being organized and helping you plan lessons. I believe the 5E model is very helpful in planning lessons because it tells us our (teacher's) roles, but also what the students' roles should be.
Hi Maggie! I liked exploring your chart of the teachers role and the students role in the 5E framework for science! You laid out all the main points well and can definitely be used for future reference!
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie! I think that being able to see how you can use this in your classroom is really important. I love how you understood each role of the 5E model and was able to explain it!
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie! You did an amazing job at explaining each part of the 5E model and how this model apply's to your future teaching!
ReplyDelete