This week we talked about different life cycles! We talked mainly about butterflies and mealworms. The life cycle for butterflies is egg, caterpillar, chrysalis, butterfly. The life cycle for mealworms is egg, mealworm, pupa, and beetle. We then in partners created a life cycle out of play dough. My partner and I chose to create a turtle! We also planted fast plant seeds. We will be observing them for 40 days to see their growth and development. I can apply what I learned this week to my future classroom by using models and fun activities to help with my students learning. By doing fun/creative activities, it will make learning more fun and can make them excited to learn science. It also will help them remember the content.
 |
| Life Cycle of a Turtle |
 |
| Hatching Stage |
 |
| Adding Water to our Fast Plant Seeds |
Hi Maggie!
ReplyDeleteI love your life cycle of the turtle, it is very cute and very clear as to what the stages are. I also like that you mentioned we can use these models and fun activities in our elementary classrooms because I think visual learning and enjoyment help students' learning.
Hi Maggie! I think that using models and fun activities is a great way to teach in our future classrooms to keep students engaged and wanting to learn. I love you presentation of the life cycle of a turtle and this is something that can definitely be shown in your future classroom!
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie!
ReplyDeleteI really liked your life cycle of a turtle, it looks so cute! This would be a great activity for elementary students!