Week 2

  This week, I have learned what the eight characteristics of living things are. Below are the characteristics and a little about them. I also attached the poster my group made for them. 

- cellular composition: made of cells. They can be unicellular or multicellular 

- maintain homeostasis: can control temperature  

- growth and change: they can grow and get bigger. They can also change how they appear as they grow. 

- movement: they can move location, or move a part of them. 

- respond to stimuli: They can respond to their environment. Ex. change in light 

- reproduction: can make copies of themselves

- metabolism: food -----> energy  

- genetics and heredity: made up of DNA    





I remember learning about what makes something living vs. not living in school. I remember comparing a plant vs. a rock. I also remember learning about what each living thing needs to survive. Living things need food, water, shelter, and oxygen.  
    In my future classroom, I can apply what I have learned about living things by teaching about the different characteristics. I also loved the anchor chart we made. It was a fun way to help me remember what makes up living things. I think creating posters in a group is a great way to remember the content of lessons, using teamwork, and a way for students to express themselves. 





Comments

  1. I like how you included different definitions for different words! It's cool how you remember comparing a plant and rock, because that is exactly what we did in lab and probably something you will do as a teacher! I also like how you included the poster! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great how you layed out what we learned. I also love to see the connection to your own educational experience from learning this same topic the first time around. It definitely helps to see how we could apply these visual methods of learning to our classrooms one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you organized your thoughts in your blog! It is so clear and easy to read and I had similar thoughts about this week in my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Science Methods 2

Week 13 Science Methods 2

Week 12